Yep I'm a nerd. I embrace it. hey, I didn't spend that much time craming Greek and Hebrew in my head not to use it for important things, like unlocking meaning in the very word of God or coming up with cool blog names.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

hebrew final

490 vocabulary words = 823,646,547,425 brain cells

7 verbs tenses, 10 weak verb types = 958,548,316,791 brain cells

reading backwards with braille for vowels = 564,497,137,496 brain cells

knowing you're finished with all required languages, priceless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it's got to feel good. I know it feels good to be done with Greek. I'm sure it will be even better for me when I'm done with Hebrew next year!

By the way - I'll probably come to you screaming "Help!" a lot next year. Hebrew is kinda scaring me...

OK - I think ancient languages have taken over my brain. I just tried to type in the "Word Verification" and typed an "r" instead of a "p" because it looked like a rho. Can I join your Greek geek club?

4:05 PM

 
Blogger kelly_w said...

you make me laugh! hopefully i get to see you in a coule weeks

5:24 PM

 
Blogger windy said...

matt welcome to geekdom. if you are interested, we're trying to get together with Bembry and do a "hebrew reading group" and maybe do LXX of the same passage to keep up on greek too. this summer, no pressure no grades. you might get a feel for the language and make it less scary. maybe, or you may pee yourself and cry.

kelly, can't wait to see you.

9:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's OK. I'm used to peeing myself and crying. Did it every day for two years with Greek...

7:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home